Add MP3-playback to any FM car radio with Sony's CDX-565MXRF! This 10-disc add-on CD changer has MP3 decoding, so you can load a mix of regular CDs and MP3 discs for hours (even days!) of uninterrupted playback. The cool-looking wired control panel displays track/disc number, time, MP3 tags, and CD Text information.
Built-In FM Modulator: For increased installation flexibility, the FM modulator has been integrated into the CD changer.
Transmitting Frequencies: The modulator has 9 FM transmitting frequencies. You can select the following transmitting frequencies from the wired remote/display: 88.3, 88.5, 88.7, 88.9, 89.1, 89.3, 89.5, 89.7, or 89.9MHz.
D-Bass with Auto Level Adjust: D-bass uses a sharper curve than standard loudness controls to give you more bass without interfering with mids and highs. Besides "D-bass off", there is D-bass 1, and 2, each of which gives you progressively more bass. As the volume level is increased, the D-bass level is automatically reduced to ensure the bass boost doesn't overpower your speakers at high volumes.
Shuffle Play: There are three shuffle play modes: "SHUF-DISC" mode plays all tracks on the current disc in random order. "SHUF-CHGR" mode plays all the discs in random order. "SHUF-ALBM" mode plays all tracks on the current album (MP3 file) in random order.
Repeat Play: There are three repeat modes: "REP-TRACK" mode repeats the current track. "REP-DISC" mode repeats the current disc. "REP-ALBM" mode repeats the current album (MP3 folder).
Adjustable Output Level: The output level can be changed to match the FM level and can be set to one of 5 levels.
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off while a CD is playing, the next time the unit is turned on, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
Mounting: This unit may be installed vertically, horizontally, or at an angle between 0 and 90 degrees.
MP3 Playback: This unit can play constant and variable bit rate MP3 files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo in the expansion format or in Multi Session. During MP3 playback, the following functions are available:
- Folder up/down
- File up/down
- File audible search
- Direct Album Search: using the supplied remote control, you can directly access discs
- Direct File Selection: using the supplied remote control, you can directly access files
- File Repeat Play: repeats the current file
- Folder Repeat Play: repeats the current folder
- Random Play: all files in a folder are played in random order
- Resume Play: if the unit is shut off while an MP3 CD is playing, the next time the unit is turned on, playback will resume from the point where it left off
Note: The elapsed time may not be displayed accurately when playing VBR (variable bit rate) MP3 files.
Controls On Wired Remote/Display:
- Play/Pause: Plays or pauses CD
- Disc+/Disc-: Allows you to cycle up/down through discs
- AMS <<>>: Allows you to skip up/down through tracks
- Off: Turns changer off. Note: if used in vehicle without accessory position on ignition switch, this unit must be turned off to avoid battery wear while engine is not running.
- List Button
Display: The display shows disc number, track number, elapsed time, repeat mode, shuffle mode, D-Bass indication, play indicator (spinning CD icon) and pause indicator (flashing CD icon).
Controls On Wireless Remote:
- D-Bass: Allows you to select D-bass 1, D-bass 2, or D-bass off
- +/- Buttons
- DSPL/SCRL: indication change/name scroll
- ALBM +/- Buttons: Skips to the next/previous album (MP3 folder)
- AMS/MANU: Automatic Music Sensor/manual search
- REP: Repeat play
- Disc +/-
- SHUF: Shuffle play
- 10 Track +/- Buttons: Skips forward or backwards 10 tracks.
Wired Remote/Display Dimensions: W=5.062", H=1.625", D=0.812" (D=1.187" including AMS knob)
Wireless Remote Dimensions: W=2.062", H=3.562", D=0.375"
Left Side Of Changer:
- Power: 3-Pin male connector for supplied wiring harness
- Output: Female mini-jack output that accepts the connector on the RF input cable (attached to relay box)
- Display: 8-Pin female connector for wired remote/display
This unit does
not have a Unilink connection, so it cannot be controlled by Sony CD changer
controllers. The unit outputs only RF signals, so it must be used with an FM
What's in the Box:
- 10-Disc CD changer
- XA-250 10-disc CD magazine
- RM-X84RF wireless remote
- RM-X83RF wired remote/display with attached 17.75' cable
- Relay box (16' RF input cable on one side and 17.75" antenna output cable on the other side)
- 16' Power wiring harness with 3 amp in-line fuse and attached 3.25' ground wire
- 2 Plastic mounting brackets
- 1 Double-sided adhesive strip (for mounting display)
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Machine screws (each one has one flat washer and one lock washer)
- Operating instructions
- Installation/Connections sheet
Sony CDX-565MXRF 10-Disc CD Changer
- Product Code: CDX-565MXRF
- Availability: In Stock